Our aim is to train you to a high standard and not just pass the course. In order to pass this Level 2 Award in MOT Testing for Class 4 & 7 and gain your MOT qualification, you will be need to successfully complete both a practical and theory online assessment.
This 4-day course covers the 5 modules that make up the course criteria as set by the DVSA.
1. working safely within a vehicle test centre
2. communicating with colleagues and customers
3. how to manage and maintain their CPD
4. carrying out pre-test checks
5. carrying out an MOT test.
During the 4 days you are with our experienced trainer you will develop the knowledge and skills required for MOT Testing in Class 4 & 7.
After completion of the MOT Tester course you will be able to safely work in a vehicle test centre, manage relationships, understand professional development and you will gain knowledge of how to carry out pre-test checks and carry out MOT tests. Once you have you have passed the final stage of your MOT Tester Training, the VT8 practical observation, you will be a nominated tester and gain your MOT qualification.
Who is this MOT Tester qualification for?
This qualification is for individuals who want to become MOT testers of light vehicles – Classes 4 & 7.
Eligibility to take the course to become an MOT Tester, a learner must:
- have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes they want to test
- be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested. (Apprentices who have been employed for 4 years are eligible.)
- Hold a relevant Level 3 qualification
- have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- be ‘of good repute’.
The content of these qualifications has been designed to reflect the contents of the National Occupational Standards for MOT Testers.
The content of the qualification includes –
- working safely within a vehicle test centre
- communicating with colleagues and customers
- how to manage and maintain their CPD
- carrying out pre-test check and carrying out an MOT test.
Ready to get started?